Friday 14 May 2010

Dollies

My mate David and I, both young fathers, figured it was time to go fishing and leave the ladies with the kids. Of course I hadn't given a lot of thought to the fact that mother's day was this weekend, nor that I had been in Sydney all week. Facts that Emma tenaciously helped me remind. But a man's got to do what a man's got to do.
The fishing was okay until we hit a school of Dolphin Fish, or Mahi-Mahi. These are hunters and have an almost fluorescent green colour, like grass, but more intense. I caught the first Mahi-Mahi and the captain yelled: let it fight for a few minutes, they'll go crazy. And indeed the Mahi-Mahi's get so aggressive that they'll bite at the lure even before it hits the water. We quickly catch 16 splendid specimens before they dive to deeper depths and swim out of range. We see a 60-70Kgs Marlin close to the ship and about 100 dolphins all around us. A great day!
Emma's Mother day dinner was very remarkable, she had Mahi-Mahi off the BBQ till should could eat no more. Deeelicious.



No comments: