Sunday 9 November 2008

Philadelphia

Today I have to fly to Philadelphia USA. That's half a world away. It is a long flight, and to give you an idea: You sit down, wait for 45 minutes to take off, get a beer, watch a movie, get lunch, watch another movie aaaaannnddd... still 10 hours to fly.
It's a 14hour flight to L.A. and then another 6 hours to Philadelphia. Bloody hell, oh, well I got very lucky as I had 3 seats to myself.
Interestingly I left on Sunday morning 11:00 and I arrived in Los Angeles on Sunday morning 07:00, Travelling back in time(!).
In Philadelphia I put on 2 kgs in one week eating waaay to much hamburgers, giant steaks and humongous portions of french fries.
After a week of work, (I got through my jet lag on Thursday) it's time to fly out again. Driving to Philadelphia airport we were lucky to dodge a couple of deers that were running on the motorway toward is, almost an accident! They call them suicide deers as it happens quite often that a car or truck kills them.
The way back is interesting as well, I left on Sunday morning and I arrived in Brissie on Tuesday morning. I still don't know how to put that lost Monday in my time sheet :o)

No comments: