Monday 26 December 2011

Baby Seals

We drive up the coast from Kaikoura and find a small pool, about 10m by 10m full of... drum roll... baby seals. Their cuddliness is off the chart and they seem to be perpetually playing.


Emma, Kieran and myself jump back as one emerges from the water and comes running at us. Turns out all it wanted is to say "Hi, I'm a baby seal, whatchadoin?" After a quick look around we conclude mum is out fishing so: I take Kieran on my arm and get closer to the seals, one comes out of the water and I manage to touch it. Kieran loves it. Further up there is a waterfall with a good dozen of other baby seals. Very cool indeed. We can only hope not too many people will discover this place before the authorities have to close it down, or make it payable.
Awesome.









No comments: