Thursday 9 April 2009

Mate, buddy, bro, friend, compadre

My new found best mate Jerry, a car salesman, sees me approach a car and comes running out. His sweatty palm and his smile chisled in his face tells me he's been having trouble selling cars. I offer him 2.500 below the price, he says no, I walk away leaving him my phone number. The next day: before 08:00 AM he calls, got him I think to myself.

Jerry: Bas, mate, how are you going?
Me: Not too bad mate, not too bad.
Jerry: So, buddy, mate, friend, are you going to buy that car?
Me: Sure am Jerry, but you'll have to drop the price.
Jerry: Mate, chum, amigo, how much?
Me: 3000 dollars
Jerry: Mate, comrade, bro, no can do. how about 1000 dollars
Me: Ain't happening 3000 or not
Jerry: Compadre, homey, duderino how about 1250
Me: Nah-ah 3000 or I walk
Jerry: bye , ,

That bloodsucker just hung up on me. A well, there are more cars on sale at the moment.

No comments: