Tuesday 3 March 2009

Billabong wave master

Okay so wave surfing, body surfing, diving and swimming was not enough. It's like Mick said: "I can't get no satisfaction". I find a flyer telling me I can go Kite Surfing for a friendly price on a beach nearby.

Turns out the instructor is 24 year old French bloke from Dunkerque. He's been on the Kite world tour for a while and decided to settle for the coming year in Agnes Waters. He's a good bloke and I invited him and his girlfriend to sleep at our house in April.
He knows his shit because over the intercom built in in my helmet he gives me about 4 instruction right to the point and perfectly timed. I pick up his tips and speed off to the sea, thinking about Tiger Sharks in the back of my mind... I passed the International Kite Organisation test with flying colors so now I can rent and insure any kite anywhere. It's good to know it's like cycling: once you know how to do it, you won't forget. It had been 5 years since I last went Kite Surfing...

Okay so still not enough... still no satisfaction... That evening we're off to go kayaking. We get there waaay to late after hesitance whether we should go or not. Once there (we took a shortcut being towed by one of the owners). we see a couple of dolphins and a young and a school of fish jumping at the surface. we kayak-surf waves after a short instruction and do our best to catch one or two. Estelle is really lucky because she's riding with the instructor that takes the Kayak to its physical limits. We see them scream by on the largest of waves. wooo-hooo!

That night I am knackered and go to sleep at 8:30. No need for a beer, no need for a bed-time story. As soon as my head hits the pillow I'm sleeping.

No comments: