Wednesday 23 July 2008

Emmanuelle vs Sales guys

We've got a new apartment and we're moving in there by the end of this month. It's an unfurnished apartment so if we'd move in there right now, it'd be a very empty, very depressing hole. Remember, we don't own a spoon. So let’s spend all of our money! Yay!
My wife, having lived in Morocco, is very used to barter for good prices.

A bed - 50% off.
The salesperson says: 'If I'd sell all my furniture at these prices, I'd be out of business by the end of the month.' Emmanuelle - Sales Guys 1-0.

A couch - 20% off.
The salesperson went down to 35% but after a call with his manager he came back with 'I can't go no lower than 20% or I lose my job'.
Emmanuelle – Sales Guys 2-1

Electrical appliances - 40%
After a very long, violent blood ridden fight over percentages the Sales guy gives in and drops his guard. My wife, blood thirsty and aggressive jumps in and closes the deal.
Emmanuelle - Sales Guys 3-1

Did I tell you I love my wife? :o) I do not want to negotiate with her over money, ever. The only thing I can tell is that she'll be buying our car and our house, not me.

No comments: